Sunday, February 22, 2009

Parahrah parahrah in the world of Sounds



Yes, that is in fact a Phonetic Poem. Author: Kurt Schwitters, Ursonate. From YouTube.com.

Now that we are on the subjects of sounds, I decided to research phonetic poetry. It is poetry with sounds, as opposed to words. It uses the sounds of letters, human sounds. Combines them changing the tempo, pitch, speed, all those features of sound; to create a mood.

Born in the times of Dada, 1916.

Some videos of phonetic poetry are pretty out there. Some I couldn't even finish because it was triggering uncomfortable feelings of fear and anxiety. One video has a rubber chicken head sounding letters...way too far out for me.

A somewhat related TV ad of this sort, is a Honda ad produced a few years ago and it's genius. This is how I prefer my phonetic poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment